Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Slow cooker pulled pork


Talk about mouth watering...sweet Jesus this was DELICIOUS! If you are looking for the key to a mans heart, make him this meal! mmmm mmmm!!

I just threw the pork (about 2 & 1/2 pounds) in the crock pot with half an onion (sliced), 1 cup of water, and about 20 ounces of BBQ sauce
After about 3 hours I flipped the pork but that is not a necessary step. I cooked it for a total of 5 hours and then shredded it with a fork. 
I also made some deviled eggs for a low carb side. I place the eggs in cold water and set them on high heat for 20 minutes. Next I chill them in ice for about 30 minutes, peel them, slice then, put the yolks in a bowl, mix the yolks with miracle whip and a little bit of mustard and then sprinkle each one with salt, pepper, and paprika. 

I also used a little bit of cabbage mix as a side and it was PERFECT!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment