Monday, January 7, 2013

Mac&Cheese.....low carb substitute!!!!

So I have been feeling a little under the weather lately and the only thing I have been craving is some good ol fashion Mac & Cheese, but I don't want the belly that comes along with it....what a predicament right? Wrong!!! Cauliflower and cheese is just as delicious! 

First I took a head of cauliflower and broke it up into a baking dish and added in some chives, fresh garlic, salt, black pepper, and a tbsp of melted butter. I put it in the oven for thirty minutes at 400 degrees.
Next I melted about two tbsp of butter in  about a cup and a half of milk to start off my cheese sauce 

Once the butter melted I added in two cups of sharp cheddar cheese and continuously stirred until the consistency was correct. 


Once the cauliflower was ready I poured the cheese sauce over the dish and added a generous amount of Parmesan cheese over the top and baked the dish for another 5 minutes and it was ready!!!!
  Even the boyfriend LOVED it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment