Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Best chili EVER!!!!

Have I got a treat for you my low carbing friends!!! Holy moley I can't even put into words the flavor extravaganza I just put on for my mouth, but don't worry I am going to try for you! 

So I didn't realize how hard low carb chili was going to be (not really hard, it just made me use my brain a little more) because I typically put beer, flour, and sugar in my chili so this time I mixed it up and it turned out even better!!!

I decided to add some hot sausage links this time so I put them on low heat in the frying pan until they were brown on each side
Next I browned two pounds of lean grounds beef and added in 1 finely chopped medium white onion, 1 small can of mild green chilies, and I let that simmer on medium heat 

Next I sliced the sausage up and added two cans of hunts tomato sauce, 1 can of kidney beans, three tbsp of chili powder, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1&1/2 tbsp ground cumin, and 5 beef bullion cubes
 
I covered it, cooking it on low heat (between a 2 & 3) stirring occasionally for 1 hour
I prefer it spicy (which is why I used hot sausage links) so I added a tsp of hot sauce 

last step was stirring in some cheeeeese!!!!! mmmmmm mmmmm mmmm!!!!!
Low carb chili!!! Done and Done!!! Delicious!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment