Monday, December 31, 2012

Dinner Time!

My new years resolution is to lose 20 lbs  so I am taking the low carb approach, last time I did the low carb diet I lost 8 lbs in the first 5 days but I gave up quickly because I was tired of eating nothing but eggs and cheese! This time I am going to cook every meal so I can get some variety and mix things up... Tonight I made SHRIMP and mmm mmm was it yummy yummy in my tummy tummy!!! 




  • I De-shelled and De-veined the little guys
  • I chopped up some fresh garlic and fresh green onions
  • I tossed the green onions and garlic in about 2-3 tbsps of butter (I never measure)
  • I cut a lemon in half & squeezed the whole lemon in with the butter, onion and garlic 
  • Once everything started to smell really delicious I threw the shrimp in
  • I added in some garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and black pepper
  • I let it simmer on medium heat for about 7 minutes adding about 1extra tbsp butter

I placed the shrimp on a bed of baked cabbage (recipe in a previous blog post) This was one of the most delicious low carb meals I have ever had!

Note: I also have a hungry boyfriend to feed and he is not so interested in being low carb, for him I threw some angel hair pasta in a tablespoon of butter with a pinch of sea salt and and threw the shrimp on top! He loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment